- How can I participate?
- Are tickets (vehicle passes) required?
- How many vehicles can I bring with me?
- When can I arrive at Windward Community College (WCC) to participate in the Commencement Celebration Caravan?
- Do I have to be at WCC by a certain time to participate?
- Will parking be assigned by graduates?
- Where do we park?
- Can I leave my vehicle at any time?
- Will restrooms be available?
- Do I need to wear a cap and gown?
- Can I decorate my vehicle?
- Is my service animal permitted during this Commencement Celebration?
- How will the program be presented?
- What is the agenda for the Commencement Celebration? (this is tentative and subject to change).
- Will there be a lei ceremony?
- Will I receive my diploma at the Commencement Celebration?
- What are the expectations during the caravan?
- What happens after the caravan finishes?
1. How can I participate?
To participate, please RSVP (via Google Form) by Wednesday, 5/12 at 4:00 pm.
You must be in a vehicle (car, truck, van, or SUV) in order to participate and we highly encourage the graduate to participate as a passenger and not the driver. Mopeds, motorcycles, and other non-enclosed modes of transportation will not be permitted to ensure the health and safety of all participants.
2. Are tickets (vehicle passes) required?
Yes, you will receive vehicle passes via email after you have RSVPd for the Commencement Celebration Caravan. The vehicle passes must be displayed on the driver side of your dashboard at all times.
3. How many vehicles can I bring with me?
ONLY two vehicles per graduate are allowed and passes will be required in order to enter the campus. Any additional vehicles will be turned away to abide by social distancing protocols. Families and friends who are unable to attend can visit WCC’s Facebook page or tune into 91.9 FM during the event.
4. When can I arrive at Windward Community College (WCC) to participate in the Commencement Celebration Caravan?
You will be permitted entrance to the campus from 4:30 pm – 5:15 pm. No entry will be allowed after 5:20 pm. The ceremony program will begin promptly at 5:30 pm. Wait times to enter the caravan may vary based on the flow of traffic. Please follow the instructions of the WCC staff directing you.
5. Do I have to be at WCC by a certain time to participate?
Yes, doors open at 4:30 pm. The entrance will be blocked at 5:20 pm.
6. Will parking be assigned by graduates?
No, parking is available on a first come, first serve basis. We highly encourage your entire party to arrive at the same time if you would like to remain together.
7. Where do we park?
You will be directed by a WCC staff member to the available parking lots. All vehicles are required to be separated by one parking stall.
8. Can I leave my vehicle at any time?
No, you must remain in your vehicle at all times while on campus.
9. Will restrooms be available?
No, please plan accordingly.
10. Do I need to wear a cap and gown?
No cap and gown is required. However, the WCC Bookstore is still selling caps and gowns for $42.95 or you could just purchase a tassel.
11. Can I decorate my vehicle?
Yes, you are more than welcome to decorate your vehicle. Please ensure that all decorations are secure and nothing is left or disposed of at WCC or on the roads.
12. Is my service animal permitted during this Commencement Celebration?
Yes, registered service animals are permitted during the Commencement Celebration Caravan and must remain in the vehicle at all times.
13. How will the program be presented?
The program will be broadcasted to 91.9 FM! Tune in on your vehicle radio to hear the program and speeches.
14. What is the agenda for the Commencement Celebration? (this is tentative and subject to change).
- Program (15 minutes)
- Car Caravan (approximately 3 times around campus)
- Light refreshment (before you exit)
15. Will there be a lei ceremony?
No, there will not be a lei ceremony. Again, you and your guests are required to remain in your vehicles at all times.
16. Will I receive my diploma at the Commencement Celebration?
No, if you purchased a diploma, it will be mailed to you.
17. What are the expectations during the caravan?
For safety reasons, at least one vehicle length is required between you and the vehicle in front of you. Please be aware of your surroundings as you drive during the caravan.
18. What happens after the caravan finishes?
You will be directed to pick up your light refreshment(s) and exit promptly to prevent traffic congestion.