Obtaining an ID Card (UH-WCC)
All new, incoming students and faculty/staff are entitled to one University of Hawai‘i ID card at no charge. Each type of ID card is specific to the individual’s association to the college or within the university system. Any holds or financial obligations must be cleared before an ID card will be issued. Once the application, appropriate documents and picture are received, a completed ID card will be available for pick-up approximately 48 hours (two business days) thereafter.
ID Card Validation
Student ID cards need to be “validated” each semester that the student is enrolled. To obtain validation, students will need to pay their current semester tuition and fees in full, and have any obligations or holds cleared from their record. Students who have signed up for the payment plan or who have been awarded and accepted financial aid, are eligible to get their IDs validated. Printed documentation must be presented to the attendant (i.e. Registration Slip, Account Summary, receipt of payment or payment plan, and/or tuition deferment forms). Students should work with the Financial Aid Office to monitor if tuition payments were made. Check your MyUH Portal account status for payment status and information on holds.
Location and Hours
ID cards can be obtained at two places on campus:
- Hale ‘Akoakoa 230 (Student Activity Center)
Monday – 8:30am – 3:30pm
Tuesday – 8:30am – 3:30pm
Wednesday – 8:30am – 3:30pm
Thursday – 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Hale Palanakila 102/104
Tuesday – 4:30 – 7:00pm
Wednesday – 4:30 – 7:00pm
Replacement ID Cards
If your ID card is lost or stolen, a replacement ID card can be made. There is a replacement fee of $5.00 assessed for all ID cards that need to be re-issued. A new ID application is required along with a valid photo ID.
ID card applications are available at the Student Activity Center (students). Please be sure to bring a valid photo ID (driver’s license, state ID w/expiration date, passport, etc.) in order for us to issue your UH-WCC ID Student ID Application
All University of Hawaiʻi – Windward Community College full- and part-time students are entitled to ONE free UH-WCC Student ID card no matter how long they are at the University of Hawaiʻi – Windward Community College, you will be expected to present your ID if you EVER return. The ID card is validated for each semester the student attends UH-WCC.
- Registered for credit classes in the current semester. (printed registration slip)
- Current semester tuition and fees paid in full or signed up for payment plan. (printed “Account Summary” i.e., receipt of payment, payment plan or tuition deferment forms)
- All holds cleared (e.g. academic, library fines, parking tickets, Student Health, etc.)
- For new, ID application must be filled out completely and submitted along with a valid photo ID (driver’s license/permit, State ID, Military ID, U.S. or foreign passport, etc.)
- For replacements, also include a $5.00 replacement fee
- Recognized affiliation with University of Hawai‘i – Windward Community College
- Borrowing privileges at the libraries — Library at Windward Community College and other UH System-wide Libraries
- Use of on-campus computer labs (i.e., Ka Piko Study Center, Palanakila, etc.)
- Access to the Student Activity Center and Events
- Access to ASUH-WCC Student Senate Events (i.e., Mid-Month Munchies, Welcome Back, Pau Hana Bash, etc.)
- Purchase of the UPass (TheBus University Bus Pass Program) from the WCC Bookstore
- Discount on some UH Athletic events
- Discount on some Paliku Theatre events
- Once the application, appropriate documents and picture are received, a completed ID card will be available for pick-up approximately 48 hours (two business days) thereafter.