WCC Commencement Ceremony 2023
Friday, May 12, 2023, 5:00 p.m.
- All students and guests are not required but encouraged to wear masks while in the Palikū Theatre.
- Graduates, please report to the second floor of Hale Pālanakila—there is an entrance to the Palikū Theatre there. Classrooms on the second floor of Hale Pālanakila will be used as a staging area for graduates.
- Please limit personal belongings to what you can hold on your person such small purse, wallet, phone, etc. Graduates will not be permitted back to staging area after the event.
- Participating graduates, please arrive no later than 3:00 p.m.
- Check in: 3–3:30pm
- Name Card and Pronunciation: 3:30–4:00pm
- Kihei Ceremony: 4–4:30pm
- Line up and enter: 4:30–5:00pm
- Ceremon: 5–6:30pm
- Lei Ceremony: 6:30–7:00pm
- Lei ceremony following commencement: graduates and guests will find the Hale A’o parking lot as the closest and most convenient lot to park in.
What to Wear
Cap and gown are required for this event. The WCC Bookstore has caps and gowns for $44.95 or you can just purchase a tassel if you have already a black cap and gown.
Note on diplomas: Degrees are conferred at the end of each semester and are posted to student records within 10 weeks of your semester of graduation. All diplomas with diploma covers are mailed via USPS to the mailing address noted in your student record within 10 weeks of your semester of graduation. Please ensure that your mailing address is correct.
Commencement questions may be directed to Kaahu Alo at email@example.com.
The event is organized by the Commencement Committee