Skip to Main Content

Hale Alakaʻi is temporarily closed for electrical repairs. Read more for relocations and details.

Report an emergency

Call 9-1-1

Campus Security:
Call 808-235-7355

Committed to a safe and secure learning and working environment

Workforce Jurisdiction And Authority

Our security workforce consists of uniformed, state-employed University Campus Security Officers (UCSOs) who are non-sworn/unarmed personnel. UCSOs are authorized to enforce safety-, security-, and emergency management-related policies and procedures of Windward Community College, of the Community Colleges System, and the University of Hawai`i System. UCSOs are also authorized to take appropriate actions in support of federal/state/local laws, ordinances, executive orders and directives.

UCSO’s are authorized to identify and interview any person on campus jurisdiction; and, to conduct initial investigations of reported incidents, emergencies, and complaints of policy/procedure violations. Additionally, they are authorized to take custody of property that could be classified as evidence or contraband; and, to detain a person with cause until the arrival of law enforcement who will make the final determination for subsequent arrest, citation, or referral back to the campus for disciplinary action.

Windward Community College is firmly committed to providing a safe and secure campus environment. Our institution’s policies, procedures, and programs related to safety and security are designed to ensure that best practices are followed to protect persons and property. We encourage you to explore the information provided by the Office of Safety and Security.

Safety Options and Security Services

The Office of Safety & Security provides protection and security at Windward CC 24/7 throughout the year. The Campus Security patrol is responsible for enforcing campus rules and regulations and its duties include detecting fires, detaining trespassers, preventing theft and vandalism, and investigating reports of suspicious persons and incidents. Also, upon a reasonable request, officers will provide an escort service from dusk to dawn for students and employees.

Campus Escort Service

The Office of Safety and Security provides transportation or a walking escort from dusk to dawn for anyone walking alone on campus at night. By calling 808-235-7355, an escort can be summoned to your location. The escort will either transport you in a utility cart vehicle or accompany you on foot to any University parking lot or facility.

Lost And Found

The Office of Safety and Security handles the campus’ lost and found. Our campus procedures are below. Please note that security personnel may be temporarily out of the office; we recommend calling before you arrive at Hale Alaka‘i 113.

To report lost items, please be prepared to provide information such as when you lost the item, where you last saw the item, a description of the item, an estimated current value of the item, and how we can contact you if the item is turned in to the security office.

To report found items, please call security for a pick up (security is responsible for the safekeeping of the item while attempting to locate the item’s owner). Please be prepared to provide information such as when and where you found the item and any other information you may have to assist security in locating the owner.

Supportive Measures

The University encourages victims of sexual violence to talk to somebody about what happened — so victims can get the support they need, and so the University can respond appropriately.

As part of the University’s commitment to your safety, you have the right to reasonable and appropriate supportive measures designed to preserve your educational experience, ensure the safety of all parties and the broader University community, maintain the integrity of the investigative and/or resolution process, and deter retaliation. These measures can be provided to you regardless of whether you seek formal disciplinary action.

Obtain a Protective Order

You have a right to live in a safe environment, free from the threat of harm from a family member or acquaintance. If someone you know is engaging in a pattern of harassment (including physical or sexual violence, verbal threats, property damage or stalking), you can seek protection by obtaining a temporary restraining order (TRO) against the perpetrator. If you need to extend your protection for up to three years, you can obtain an injunction at District Court of if the TRO is against a household or family member, you make a request for a protective order at Family Court.

If granted, the order sets guidelines aimed at protecting you. This can include prohibiting the defendant from calling or visiting you.

If the defendant is a family member, or has or had a dating relationship with the person seeking the TRO, please file through Family Court.

If the defendant is not related by blood and has never lived together with the person seeking the TRO, please file through District Court.

Reporting Options

Please be aware that a criminal investigation is separate and distinct from the University of Hawaiʻi’s institutional response. You may choose both, one, or neither of these options, depending on your individual decision. These options are available simultaneously, and the University will cooperate with law enforcement agencies if a criminal investigation occurs.

Report to Law Enforcement

The decision to report to law enforcement is entirely yours. Some survivors say that reporting and seeking justice helped them recover and regain a sense of control over their lives. Understanding how to report and learning more about the experience can take away some of the unknowns and help you feel more prepared.

More information on reporting is available at

Honolulu Police Department (HPD)
Phone: 911