ʻO keia ka wā kūpono e hoʻonui ai ka ʻike me ka hoʻomaopopo i kō Hawaiʻi mau hoʻoilina waiwai. Aia nō hoʻi ma ke Kulanui Kaiāulu o ke Koʻolau nā papahana hou o nā ʻike ‘akeakamai a me nā hana noʻeau. Me ke kuleana koʻikoʻi e hoʻohiki ke Kulanui e kāko’o a e hoʻokumu i ala e hiki kē kōkua i ka hoʻonui ʻike a nā kānaka maoli. Na mākou nō e hoʻolako, kākoʻo a paipai i nā Ko’olau a kō Oʻahu aʻe me nā hana noʻeau ākea, ka hoʻonaʻauao ʻoihana a me ka hoʻonui ʻike ma ke kaiāulu — hōʻaʻano a e hoʻoulu i nā haumāna i ka poʻokela.
Windward Community College offers innovative programs in the arts and sciences and opportunities to gain knowledge and understanding of Hawai‘i and its unique heritage. With a special commitment to support the access and educational needs of Native Hawaiians, we provide the Ko‘olau region of O‘ahu and beyond with liberal arts, career and lifelong learning in a supportive and challenging environment — inspiring students to excellence.
Ka Mālamalama o ke Ko‘olau – “Enlightening Ko‘olau”
Students and community members will be enriched by “the light of knowledge” through quality programs in order to lead full, productive lives in a rapidly changing world.
Our Core Values
Five Core Values were endorsed and approved by the Planning and Budget Council on April 28, 2017.
- Ka lama kū o ka naʻauao. Creating meaningful curricula and diverse learning experiences.
- ʻAʻohe hana nui ke alu ʻia. Working collaboratively and inclusively.
- He pūnāwai kahe wale ke aloha. Serving and supporting with aloha.
- Kūlia i ka nu‘u. Striving for excellence.
- He ali‘i ka ‘āina, he kauwā ke kanaka. Caring for Hawaiʻi and the planet.