CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2020!
Graduation represents your hard work, determination, and will to succeed; it is about being surrounded by family, friends, classmates, instructors, and those who shared in that journey. Though we are not having a traditional commencement ceremony we are ecstatic to invite you to participate in a 2020 Commencement Celebration Caravan around Windward Community College!!!
Windward Community College’s Commencement Caravan is a unique event honoring our graduates amid this pandemic. This includes all students who have already or plan to complete their WCC degree/certificate after Summer/Fall and Spring/Summer. We will have a message from Chancellor Eschenberg and light refreshments for you and your guest.
Where: Windward Community College
45-720 Keaʻahala Road Kāneʻohe, HI 96744
When: Friday, May 22, 2020
Time: 5:00 PM
- Step 1: Check Your Progress in STAR
- Login to STAR to check your progress on the Academic Essentials tab.
- Step 2: Meet with Your Academic Counselor
- If it looks like everything is complete or you’re not sure, schedule an appointment with your academic counselor.
- At this appointment, you and your counselor will review your degree requirements to verify your eligibility to graduate. If you have met all requirements, you and your counselor will complete the Graduation Certification Form. You will get 3 hard copies of the completed form (with signatures).
- Step 3: Turn in Your Completed Graduation Certification Form
- Turn in your completed Graduation Certification Form (with signatures) to WCC Admissions & Records
- You may also choose to complete the bottom portion of the Graduation Certification Form to order a diploma, however, graduates are not obligated to purchase a diploma.
2020 Commencement Celebration Caravan
Please go to the following link ASAP to register https://forms.gle/2HbXcYrHmddb3tiD7 deadline to register will be 4:00 pm on Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
*** Graduates are limited to two (2) vehicles to participate in the caravan. Please include questions, comments, accommodation requests, and any special requests at the bottom section of the registration form. ***
What to Wear
No cap and gown are required. However, the WCC Bookstore is still selling caps and gowns for $42.95 or you could just purchase a tassel for $8.95.
Due to Covid-19, Windward is taking the following measures to provide for the safety of participants.
- All students and guests will be required to remain in their vehicles (please plan accordingly by bringing necessary snacks, hydration, and taking care of bathroom requirements prior to arrival on the campus).
- Upon arrival to campus, all vehicles will be directed by a parking volunteer to a parking stall, which will allow for social distancing.
- When the caravan begins, a parking volunteer will direct vehicles when they are able to join the caravan.
- Please leave at least 1 car length between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.
- The maximum speed limit during the caravan is 5 miles an hour.
- Upon completion of the caravan, it is requested that all vehicles depart the campus safely.
The parking areas will open at 4:00 pm. Graduates will need to arrive at Windward Community College no later than 4:30 PM on the May 22. Upon arrival to campus, you will be directed where to park while waiting for the caravan to begin. Below is a tentative timeline of what to expect upon arrival:
|4:00 – 4:50 PM||Check-in and Parking|
|5:00 – 5:30 PM||Virtual Ceremony|
Welcome from ASUH-WCC President
Message from the WCC Chancellor
|5:30 – 6:00 PM||Caravan Around Campus|
Light take-home refreshments will be served following the Commencement Caravan
Padlet Message Board
In addition to the WCC Commencement Caravan, we have created a graduation site on the Padlet app. Padlet is an online platform where we can celebrate the accomplishments of the Class of 2019-2020. Instructors, classmates, friends, and family can all share congratulatory videos, photos, slideshows, and other messages.
Please share this with your family and friends, so they can join in the celebration. Check out all the messages from your faculty and staff!
Where to Post or Find Messages on Padlet:
How to Post a Message: The Padlet app does not require you to download or create an account. Just click the pink “+” button in the lower right corner to start a post. We ask that you provide your name in the title, then add your text, media, or link. Posts will be updated regularly, so check back often for new content!
Who can Post: Anyone who YOU would like to share in your magnificent accomplishment. Please share the link with family and friends.
The event is organized by the Commencement Committee