‘O keia ka wā kūpono e ho’onui ai ka ‘ike me ka ho’omaopopo i kō Hawai’i mau ho’oilina waiwai. Aia nō ho’i ma ke Kulanui Kaiāulu o ke Ko’olau nā papahana hou o nā ‘ike ‘akeakamai a me nā hana no’eau. Me ke kuleana ko’iko’i e ho’ohiki ke Kulanui e kāko’o a e ho’okumu i ala e hiki kē kōkua i ka ho’onui ‘ike a nā kānaka maoli. Na mākou nō e ho’olako, kāko’o a paipai i nā Ko’olau a kō O’ahu a’e me nā hana no’eau ākea, ka ho’ona’auao ‘oihana a me ka ho’onui ‘ike ma ke kaiāulu — hō’a’ano a e ho’oulu i nā haumāna i ka po’okela.
Windward Community College offers innovative programs in the arts and sciences and opportunities to gain knowledge and understanding of Hawai‘i and its unique heritage. With a special commitment to support the access and educational needs of Native Hawaiians, we provide the Ko‘olau region of O‘ahu and beyond with liberal arts, career and lifelong learning in a supportive and challenging environment — inspiring students to excellence.
Ka Mālamalama o ke Ko‘olau – “Enlightening Ko‘olau”
Students and community members will be enriched by “the light of knowledge” through quality programs in order to lead full, productive lives in a rapidly changing world.
Our Core Values
Five Core Values were endorsed and approved by the Planning and Budget Council on April 28, 2017.
- Ka lama kū o ka naʻauao. Creating meaningful curricula and diverse learning experiences.
- ʻAʻohe hana nui ke alu ʻia. Working collaboratively and inclusively.
- He pūnāwai kahe wale ke aloha. Serving and supporting with aloha.
- Kūlia i ka nu‘u. Striving for excellence.
- He ali‘i ka ‘āina, he kauwā ke kanaka. Caring for Hawaiʻi and the planet.