Skip to Main Content

Hale Alakaʻi is temporarily closed for electrical repairs. Read more for relocations and details.

Windward Community College is a state-approved institution for veteran education benefits. The Admissions and Records Office (A&R) is the Veterans Affairs certifying official for enrollment certification.

More information regarding eligibility, entitlement and types of training authorized, contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551 (toll free central time) or visit

Be a student at Windward Community College (WCC)

  • If new/returnee student, complete an online admissions application and be accepted in a major leading towards a degree/certificate and declare WCC as your Home Institution
  • If continuing student, be enrolled in a major leading towards a degree/certificate and declare WCC as your Home Institution

Complete On-line VA Application Form

  • Go to  and select Apply for Benefits
    • Print and maintain a copy of your completed VA Education Benefits Application
    • Submit Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to A&R after receipt of COE from VA
  • If transfer student, submit Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (22-1995) at
    • Submit updated Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to A&R

Register for Classes via MyUH Services

  • Register for classes applicable toward declared degree/certificate at WCC
  • Make an appointment with Academic Counselor at Student Services, Hale ‘Ākoakoa, Room 212 or call 808-235-7413 for registration assistance

Process WCC VA Registration Form

  • Have your WCC counselor complete the WCC VA Registration form certifying courses applicable toward your degree/certificate at WCC
  • Submit completed WCC VA Registration form to A&R with STAR Academic Pathway report
  • To continue your VA benefits, WCC VA Registration form must be done every semester

Request Your Transcripts/Military Training be sent to WCC

  • Have previous college transcripts/military training mailed directly to A&R
  • Failure to have transferring credits evaluated may result in a disruption of VA benefits
  • Submit WCC Request for Transcript Evaluation form to A&R to have your college credits/military training evaluated for transferring credits

Submit documents to A&R for VA process

  • Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or copy of VA Application
  • Completed WCC VA Registration form
  • Request for Transcript Evaluation form

Make Tuition/Fees Payment by the deadline

  • It is your responsibility to assure that your tuition and fees are paid in full to avoid financial obligation and possible disenrollment of classes.
  • See WCC Financial Aid office if tuition/fees cannot be paid by the deadline

For Chapter 33, Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP) nonresident student

  • Refer to for eligibility and information
  • YRP is a partnership between WCC and VA to supplement the nonresident differential tuition at WCC
  • WCC YRP only covers WCC classes applicable toward degree/certificate
  • To be eligible for YRP, veteran (or designated transferee) must be 100% benefit level (based on service requirements)
  • To apply, check the box “Yellow Ribbon” on the WCC VA Registration Form
  • Confirm with A&R of YRP participation every academic year

Verify VA Status

For Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment and Chapter 33 Post 9/11

  • College policy permits any covered individual to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides to the educational institution a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 (a “certificate of eligibility” can also include a “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website – eBenefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form for chapter 31 authorization purposes) and ending on the earlier of the following dates:
    1. The date on which payment from VA is made to the institution.
    2. 90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the certificate of eligibility.
  • College policy ensures that the educational institution will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement funding from VA under chapter 31 or 33.

VA Contacts

WCC VA Certifying Official
Admissions and Records Office
45-720 Kea’ahala Road
Hale Alaka’i, Room 112
Kaneohe, HI 96744

VA Regional Office
Muskogee, Oklahoma
l-888-442-4551 (toll free central time)

VA Regional Office in Honolulu
Tripler Army Medical Center, Office of Veterans Services
459 Patterson Road,
E-Wing, Room 1-A103
Honolulu, HI  96819

Honolulu Vet Center
1680 Kapiolani Blvd. Suite F-3
Honolulu, HI  96814