Skip to Main Content

Hale Alakaʻi is temporarily closed for electrical repairs. Read more for relocations and details.

For Students interested in borrowing a Federal Direct Student Loan at Windward Community College (WCC), please see the requirements:

  1. Students must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have no unsatisfied and/or outstanding eligibility requirements for receiving the loan.  
  2. Students must be classified in a financial aid eligible degree program and registered in a minimum of six credits each semester to be eligible to receive a student loan. Credits outside of the student’s degree/major are not eligible for financial aid funding.
  3. Student must submit a Federal Direct Student Loan Request Form to the WCC Financial Aid Office. The deadline to submit the form is two weeks before the end of the semester since student loans cannot be processed once the semester has ended.
  4. Students must complete the online Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note/MPN) and the Loan Entrance Counseling found on the website.

Student loan funds are disbursed to the UH Student Accounts approximately ten days before the start of the Fall and Spring semesters. Please note: If you are a freshman student and/or a first-time student loan borrower at WC, there is a 30-day hold on the initial disbursement of the loan funds.

Please contact the Financial Aid Office at Windward Community College if you have any questions. The phone number is 808-235-7449 and the email address is