Aloha. As part of your financial aid package from Windward Community College (WCC), you are eligible for a low-interest rate Federal Direct Loan. This loan is funded by the federal government, requires no repayment while you are enrolled in school at least half-time (six credits) and is an investment towards your college education.
Please review your financial aid offer on MyUH Services to see what type of loan(s) listed below are being offered to you.
*Please note that students borrowing a Direct Loan for the first time from WCC and have less than 30 credits completed towards their degree at WCC may have a 30-day delay on their first scheduled loan disbursement.
If you are interested in accepting the loan(s) offered to you, please continue with the next section on the back side of this page, APPLYING FOR A FEDERAL DIRECT LOAN AT WCC.
You may decline your loan(s) by logging on to MyUH Services or contacting the WCC Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 808-235-7449. If your loan needs change during the school year, please let our office know right away.
Finally, if you need more information before making a sound decision on the loan(s), please visit studentloans.gov or schedule an appointment with the WCC Financial Aid Office. We want to ensure you completely understand the loan program and how it may help as an investment in your future. Best wishes to a prosperous school year!
APPLYING FOR A FEDERAL DIRECT LOAN AT WCC
- You will need your FSA ID to login to studentloans.gov. If you forgot your FSA ID password, you can reset it at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/pas/pub/ForgotPassword?.
- Have you borrowed a Direct Loan from WCC before or will this be your first time?
- Yes, I borrowed a Federal Direct Loan from WCC on or after 7/1/10. Complete Step #3 and #5 below to ensure proper processing of your loan.
- No, this is my first time borrowing a Federal Direct Loan from WCC. Complete Step #3, Step #4 and Step #5 below to ensure proper processing of your loan. If have less than 30 credits completed towards your degree at WCC, you may have a 30-day delay on your first scheduled loan disbursement.
- Complete a Loan Entrance Counseling session on-line at studentloans.gov to ensure that you understand the responsibilities and obligations you are assuming. You will need to SIGN IN with your FSA ID username/password. Upon signing in, click on “Complete Entrance Counseling” and follow the instructions to complete your counseling session. You will receive confirmation that you have successfully completed your entrance counseling at the end of the session.
- Complete a Loan Agreement for a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan (MPN) at studentloans.gov . An MPN is a legal document in which you promise to repay your federal student loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to your lender or loan holder. Click on “Complete a Loan Agreement for a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan (MPN)” and answer the questions. You will receive confirmation that you have successfully completed your master promissory note after it is submitted.
- Accept your loan(s) by either logging on to MyUH Services, emailing us at email@example.com, calling us at 808-235-7449 or visit our office on campus in Room 107 of Hale Alaka’i. Please note you do not need to accept the entire loan amount being offered to you. We ask that you borrow an amount based on your needs and within your means.
If you need assistance with any step noted in the process above or would like to schedule an appointment, please call the WCC Financial Aid Office at 808-235-7449 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mahalo.