Get an academic foundation essential to becoming a member of a veterinary health care team. Laboratory and clinical experiences expand on classroom knowledge to equip you with the necessary skills of an entry-level veterinary technician. Graduates pursue careers in private veterinary practices, biomedical research, academia, and other health-related fields.
On-Campus Veterinary Assisting and Veterinary Technology program
This educational pathway is best suited for students who can attend classes full-time on the Windward Community College campus in Kāne‘ohe.
Hybrid Veterinary Assisting and Veterinary Technology program
Best suited for students who reside on a neighbor island or O‘ahu, and are working at least 20 hours per week in a veterinary facility.
The Certificate of Achievement in Veterinary Assisting and Associate in Science in Veterinary Technology are stackable credentials.
Certificate of Achievement in Veterinary Assisting (VETA)
- Be 18 years or older by the first day of instruction
- Attend an information session
- Submit an application to Windward Community College and complete health clearance requirements through Admissions & Records office
- Place into ENG 100 and MATH 101
- Show proof of health insurance
Associate in Science in Veterinary Technology (VETT)
Students must go through a competitive application process to be accepted into the second year. Acceptance is based on:
- Completion of VETA certificate
- GPA above 2.0 & “C” or better in all VETA courses
- Clinical aptitude & attendance
- Letters of recommendation (2)
- Documentation of work in the veterinary field
WCC graduates: Veterinary Technician National Examination pass rate
Three-year pass percentage on the VTNE: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2022
|Number of first-time candidates that have taken the VTNE||Three-year VTNE pass percentage|
The Windward Community College Vet Tech program has received full accreditation by
the American Veterinary Medical Association
If you are interested in supporting the vet tech program, please consider a donation to our UH Foundation Account.