Skip to Main Content

Hale Alakaʻi is temporarily closed for electrical repairs. Read more for relocations and details.


Many students attend Windward Community College with the goal of eventually transferring to another two-year community college or four-year college or university. Attending Windward before transferring gives students the time and ability to experience college classes, explore their options and make a decision about the future that is best suited for them.

How to Plan

Students planning to eventually transfer should discuss their goals with a Windward academic counselor as soon as possible. Academic counselors may be able to recommend certain courses students can take at the community college prior to transferring. They may also be able to review admission requirements to ensure students are prepared to make the transition when the time comes. Visit the Windward Counseling & Advising website and make an appointment with an academic counselor today!

Transfer to UH Mānoa

Students planning to transfer to University of Hawaii at Manoa are encouraged to consider joining the Kaʻieʻie Transfer Program. The Kaʻieʻie Transfer Program is designed to help students successfully transfer from Windward to UH Mānoa by helping develop a four-year academic plan, getting the $200 tuition deposit waived upon transfer, and more.

Transfer to UH Hilo

Students planning to transfer to University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo are encouraged to connect with an academic counselor during campus visit days.

Students may book an appointment by contacting Assistant Director of Admissions, Jennifer Naguwa at, 808-557-8015 or book an appointment online.

Transfer to UH West Oʻahu

Students planning to transfer to University of Hawaiʻi at West Oʻahu are encouraged to connect with a UH West Oʻahu academic counselor. Students may contact Admissions & Records at or 808-689-2900.

Additional Transfer Information & Resources

Students may wish to review the UH System Course Transfer Database. This contains information about how courses may or may not transfer between UH and Non-UH campuses. Questions should be directed to a Windward academic counselor.

Students planning to transfer to a non-UH campus on-island or otherwise may find the following resources helpful:

Brigham Young University at Hawaii – Admissions: Approved Equivalent Courses

Chaminade University of Honolulu – Transfer Student Information

Hawaii Pacific University Course Equivalency Reference