skip to main content

Transferring From Windward



Many students attend Windward Community College with the goal of eventually transferring to another two-year community college or four-year college or university. Attending Windward before transferring gives students the time and ability to experience college classes, explore their options and make a decision about the future that is best suited for them.

How to Plan

Students planning to eventually transfer should discuss their goals with a Windward academic counselor as soon as possible. Academic counselors may be able to recommend certain courses students can take at the community college prior to transferring. They may also be able to review admission requirements to ensure students are prepared to make the transition when the time comes. Visit the Windward Counseling & Advising website and make an appointment with an academic counselor today!

UH Manoa Transfer Students - Consider Joining Ka'ie'ie Transfer Program

Students planning to transfer to University of Hawaii at Manoa are encouraged to consider joining the Ka'ie'ie Transfer Program. The Ka'ie'ie Transfer Program is designed to help students successfully transfer from Windward to UH Manoa. For more information about the Ka'ie'ie Transfer Program or for general inquiries about transferring to UH Manoa, please visit the Ka'ie'ie Transfer to UH Manoa webpage.

UH Hilo Transfer Students - Connect with an Academic Counselor

Students planning to transfer to University of Hawaii at Hilo are encouraged to connect with an academic counselor during campus visit days! Campus visits are scheduled for the following Thursdays in the Hale La\'akea Breezeway (outside) from 11 am - 2 pm:

January 25

February 22

March 22

April 26

Students may book an appointment by contacting Assistant Director of Admissions, Jennifer Naguwa at, 808-557-8015 or book an appointment online.

UH West O'ahu Transfer Students - Connect with an Academic Counselor

Stop by the Library breezeway on Tuesday, March 20th to meet with a UHWO Admissions representative. Ask your questions about admissions, finanical aid, registration and curriculum planning.

Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Time: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Location: Hale Laakea Breezeway

Students planning to transfer to University of Hawaii at West O'ahu are encouraged to connect with a UH West O'ahu academic counselor. Students may contact Admissions and Records at or 808-689-2900.

Additional Transfer Information & Resources

Students may wish to review the UH System Course Transfer Database. This contains information about how courses may or may not transfer between UH and Non-UH campuses. Questions should be directed to a Windward academic counselor.

Students planning to transfer to a non-UH campus on-island or otherwise may find the following resources helpful:

Brigham Young University at Hawaii - Admissions: Approved Equivalent Courses

Chaminade University of Honolulu - Transfer Student Information

Hawaii Pacific University Course Equivalency Reference