Course Testing Details:
Academic testing appointments must be made at least 72 hours (3 days) in advance. Students will receive a confirmation email with more information about their testing appointment.
Placement Testing Details:
- Placement testing appointments must be made at least 96 hours (4 days) in advance. Students will receive a confirmation email with more information about their testing appointment.
- The WCC Testing Center offers in-person Accuplacer Placement Testing for Math and English.
- Accuplacer is free to UH students for their first attempt. Accuplacer retakes are $25.00 and must be paid prior to testing. Please contact the Testing Center for more details
- Testing appointments are 120 minutes (2 hours), but placement testing is limited to 105 minutes (1 hour and 45 minutes)
- The UH System has implemented the use of EdReady as an un-proctored alternative to the Accuplacer placement test.
- Students can take the EdReady test at any time
- EdReady placement scores will be uploaded into the UH system every 24 – 72 hours
- Quick Start Guide on how to use EdReady
- The Goal Key for Windward Community College is: UH_WIN_Placement
Important Information for Students:
- Students will need to bring a valid picture ID (school or government-issued). No ID, no test.
- Students will need to know their LMS (e.g. Laulima, Canvas, Pearson) username and password, as well as the course, instructor’s name, and the type of test (chapter, midterm, etc.)
- Students who arrive late to their testing appointment may have reduced testing time
- No test breaks are allowed
Important Information for Instructors
Instructors should submit exam information to the Testing Center at least a week in advance. Students will not be able to make an appointment until the Testing Center receives the exam information.
Large room for instructor-led exams available for reservation:
The room is available to all instructors teaching a face-to-face or hybrid course who would like to test their own students at one time in a larger, socially-distanced facility during normal business hours. Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis with efforts made to share the room with all who request. To make a reservation, please contact the WCC Testing Center.
The Windward Community College Testing Center is located in Hale La’akea 228 and provides the following test proctoring services for:
- Placement tests
- In-person and hybrid course tests
- Make-up tests and retests for campus courses
These services are free to all UH System students, and for a fee, to non-UH System students and private organizations. Please email the Testing Center Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a request for test proctoring for non-UH System exams. The proctor contact information we provide should be sent to the person responsible for sending the test instructions at your college.
To find a UH System Testing Center near you, go to https://www.uhonline.hawaii.edu/testcenters
Testing Center Hours:
(All tests must be submitted at 5 minutes before closing)
Spring and Fall Semesters
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:00pm
Summer and Break periods (unless otherwise posted):
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:00pm
CLOSED Weekends and Holidays.
Schedules are subject to change.
Test Proctoring Information
- A valid photo ID is required for all services
- A UH student ID number is required for placement testing
- Only instructor-authorized equipment/materials may be used
- Testing is monitored and recorded
- The use of a cell phone, electronic devices, and unauthorized materials is not allowed and any incident of use will be reported. Use lockers in the library to store belongings
- No children are allowed in the Testing Center; they must be supervised at all times while on campus
- Testing is available in Hale Laʻakea, Library Learning Commons, Room 228
- Please note that the week before and during the final exam period are our busiest times, so please plan accordingly. Take your test early during the testing period; being waitlisted is a possibility during peak hours
Windward Community College
45-720 Keaahala Road
Kaneohe, HI 96744