Earn college credit while traveling abroad. WCC offers a variety of study abroad opportunities, from one-week cultural immersion trips to three year intensive language studies. Most WCC students who have studied abroad earned scholarship money that covered most or all of their travel expenses. Come to the Study Abroad Center to eplore your options.
Study Abroad Center hours Spring 2019
Located in Hale Manaleo 108
Wednesdays 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Thursdays 12:30 - 4:15 p.m.
Aotearoa (New Zealand) with Kamuela Kimokea | March 16 - 24, 2019
Full. We are no longer accepting applications at this time.
Students will play Hawaiian music in concerts. Preference is givin to students with experience in playing ukulele and/or guitar.
You may be eligible for scholarships if you are enrolled in one of the following classes:
- MUS 121Z/122Z Uikulele
- MUS 121F/122F Slack Key Guitar
- MUS 211 Intro to Hawaiian Ensembles
Trip cost is estimated to be $1320 + airfare.
For more information, contact Kamuela Kimokea (email@example.com).
Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary | May 2019
To be eligible, enroll in Summer Session I:
- PSY 100: Survey of Psychology
- PSY 250: Social Psychology
Trip cost is estimated to be $2500 + airfare. Scholarships are available.
For more information, contact Lisamarie Bensman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
View the full flyer (jpg)
England | July 8 - 19, 2019 (more details forthcoming)
WCC's bespoke two-week study abroad to the UK in July explores Shakespeare in both London and Stratford-upon-Avon. Students will engage in rigorous conservatoire-stye training, attend 5-6 shows at major venues, and network with working professionals, producers, casting agents, and directors.
For more information, contact Nick Logue (email@example.com) or Sarah Hadmack (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All of the following programs are available to WCC students:
- Honda Scholarship for International Study – $2,000-$8,000 in financial assistance to study anywhere in the world.(view PDF flyer)
- Hakuoh University International Study Tour – 10-day summer homestay in Tochigi Prefecture, Japan (view PDF flyer)
- Aichi University Exchange Program – One semester or one year student exchange program in Aichi, Japan (view PDF flyer)
- Monbukagakusho Scholarship – One year of intensive Japanese language study followed by two years at a Senshu-gakko (specialized training college) in Japan (view PDF flyer)
- Anglo-American University, Prague - scholarship money to pursue all or part of your degree program at this university in the Czech Republic. (view PDF flyer)
- UH Manoa Study Abroad programs – study abroad opportunities in Denmark, England, France, Italy, Spain, Sweden, China, India, Japan, and Australia
- Freeman Foundation programs – intensive language training and travel abroad to China, Japan, or Korea
There are many scholarships and grants available to students interested in study abroad. Please utilize the following resource:
UHCC Scholarships and Grants – Star Scholarships, UH Foundation Scholarships, Boren Scholarship, Gilman Scholarship, U.S. Dept. of State Youth and Education, and Fulbright Programs.
Non-UHCC Scholarships: In addition to financial aid and UHCC scholarships many organizations and institutions provide scholarships and grants for study abroad.
For more information on the programs and to receive assistance on program and scholarship applications, please go to the Study Abroad Center in Hale Manaleo 108 or contact email@example.com