Read our Important COVID-19 information about available TRiO SSS and Paipai services and hours.
The purpose of TRiO Student Support Services (TRiO SSS) is to provide services to increase retention, graduation, and transfer rates from two-year to four-year colleges/universities, and to foster an institutional climate supportive of the success of low-income, first-generation, and/or disabled college students.
In order to reach this goal, TRiO SSS always strives to create an atmosphere where students feel comfortable and have a “homebase” on campus.
Our motto is T.H.E. “TRiO Helps Everybody” and our mantra is “TRiO for Life”!
TRiO Student Support Services (TRiO SSS) is a federally funded program.
Hours (Fall 2021)
Monday – Friday: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
We offer the following services, FREE of charge, to students who qualify for TRiO SSS:
- Individual and/or small group tutoring for many WCC courses
- Academic advising to assist with course selection and preparation for graduation
- Early registration for courses (before the rest of campus)
- Financial aid assistance
- Financial Literacy (student loans, credit cards, budgeting, etc.) Tools such as CashCourse
- Grant aid to lessen loan burden
- Workshops on how to apply for scholarships, FAFSA, writing a personal statement, study skills, transfer to a 4-year college/university, and more!
- FAFSA Night provides assistance applying for FAFSA on the first night it opens
- VITA Tax Service Center provides assistance filing federal and state taxes
- Summer Math course offerings
- 24/7 access to study areas and meals during finals
- Computer lab and printing
- Fun and food at campus-wide events
- Variety of study and gathering areas (indoors/outdoors, quiet/loud)
You are eligible if you are:
- a US citizen,
- enrolled or accepted at Windward Community College,
- meet the criteria of low-income,
- a first-generation college student (i.e. neither of your parents completed a bachelor’s degree), and/or
- a student with a disability
How to Apply
Please visit the TRiO SSS Main Office located in Hale Kako’o 116 or call 808-235-7487 to request an application.
Peer Tutoring Positions Available
Help fellow students succeed by becoming a Peer Tutor for TRiO SSS!
Peer tutors must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits in the University of Hawaii system and:
- earned an “A” or “B” in the course(s) you wish to tutor
- received certification from a teacher recommending you as a tutor for the particular course(s)
Please visit the TRiO SSS Main Office located in Hale Kako’o 116 or call 808-235-7487 to inquire further.