Connect with Ka Piko Math Lab
Ka Piko Math Lab currently provides drop-in and appointment-based virtual tutoring via Zoom. Tutoring is FREE and available to all WCC students.
Students can connect with a virtual tutor two ways:
- From their personal device (personal computer/laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.)
- From one of our tutoring rooms in the Library (Hale Laʻakea 222 and 224)
View our visual instruction guide (pdf).
Option #1: Drop-In Tutoring
Students can drop-in anytime during live hours (while tutors are working). Once logged in and on the waitlist, a unique Zoom room will be generated and set to you via email/text. Simply click on the link to get your tutoring session started.
Connect with a tutor by following these steps:
- View the tutoring schedules
- Connect with a Math Lab Tutor
- Wait for an email/text with your tutor’s Zoom link
- Click the link to start your tutoring session
Option #2: Appointment-Based Tutoring
Students can book an appointment with our services for a future tutoring session. Once you’ve booked an appointment, you will receive an email with the session’s Zoom link. Appointments must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. Read our other online tutoring policies.
Book an appointment by following these steps:
- Login to STAR Balance via star.hawaii.edu/appointment/
- Select “Tutoring, Tech & Learning Centers” from the left navigation pane
- Select “WCC Math Lab” or “WCC Writing Lab”
- View the available time slots and select the time you would like to make an appointment.
- Complete the pop-up form with information about your tutoring appointment.
- An email confirmation of the appointment will be sent to your hawaii.edu email account. That email contains the Zoom link for your future tutoring appointment.
Math problem got you stumped? The Math Lab provides FREE assistance for all math courses offered at WCC, helping to improve students’ understanding of important concepts and problem solving processes.
The Math Lab is equipped with PC computers, large study tables, whiteboards, dry erase markers, math textbooks, and calculators that can be utilized anytime in the lab.
The Math Lab is closed on weekends and holidays.
Ka Piko Coordinator
Math Lab Faculty
Connect with Ka Piko
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @kapikowcc.