Great ideas need a great foundation
Have an idea you want to make into a business, but don’t know where to start, how to finance or manage costs, promote, or know the legal issues? Get started here. Windward Community College’s Liberal Arts AA degree puts a focus on entrepreneurship, providing you with the basic tools and knowledge to help you turn your ideas into a successful business.
Through a series of 8-week classes and financial support from the Kawaiaulu Scholarship for one full year, students are offered the experience of getting ready to start a business.
Learn how to apply and register for classes, Kawaiaulu Scholarship opportunity, and course offerings. Get all your questions answered.
Get started with the Kawaiaulu Scholarship
Qualifying students* can apply for this one-year scholarship package that includes:
- Three semesters of full-tuition support
- Help applying for financial aid for 2nd year
- Materials and supplies for class projects and hands-on learning
- Technology (laptops available to loan)
- On-campus jobs available
- Supportive environment: free lunches, tutoring, childcare options
*Contact Justin (Ha‘aheo) Pagan for more information
Why earn the Liberal Arts AA degree–Entrepreneurship?
- Confidence in knowing steps to begin a business
- Creativity–creating your own business
- Gain basic knowledge of business and accounting
- Gain basic knowledge in marketing and online commerce
- Training and a college degree is attractive when applying for business loans
- Hands-on experience creating food entrepreneurship products, marketing, business plan making and foundations for your home business
- One-year Kawaiaulu Scholarship saving you $3,930 and more!
- Halfway toward the 4-year bachelor’s degree
Course Plan (Two Years)
Cohorts of 20 participants will go through a series of 8-week classes together, focusing on two classes at a time.
For more information, contact:
Justin (Ha‘aheo) Pagan