Arlene Buchholz, former Animal Science Lecturer
Windward Community College
45-720 Kea‘ahala Rd.
Kaneohe, HI 96744
Alternate Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Evaluations: from eCafe
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, 1985
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University, 1989
- Master of Public Health, University of Hawaii, 2003
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, 2007
- Epidemiology of leptospirosis
- Zoonotic diseases including murine typhus, angiostrongyliasis, brucellosis
- Wildlife diseases
- Lord of the Rings
- Star Wars
- Genghis Blues
- Green and red chili
- Hot and sour soup
Hurst FP, Neff RT, Katz AR, Buchholz AE, Sasaki DM, Berg BW, Abbott KC. Acute kidney injury requiring hemodialysis in patients with anicteric leptospirosis. Clinical Nephrology. 2009 Sep;72(3):186-92.
Eremeeva ME, Warashina WR, Sturgeon MM, Buchholz AE, Olmsted GK, Park SY, et al. Rickettsia typhi and R. felis in rat fleas (Xenopsylla cheopis), Oahu, Hawaii. Emerg Infect Dis [serial on the Internet]. 2008 Oct [date cited]. Available from http://www.cdc.gov/EID/content/14/10/1613.htm.
Gillett NA, Thomassen DG, Buchholz AE, Kelly G. Cell-line-dependent inhibition of phenotypic expression of preneoplastic and neoplastic tracheal epithelial cells by normal tracheal cells in denuded tracheal transplants, Carcinogenesis, Volume 10, Number 7, Pp. 1147-1154. 1989.
ANSC 151 - Clinical Laboratory Techniques