Are you still in high school and interested in taking college classes now?
What is Running Start?
Running Start is a program that allows “eligible” high school students to take a college course at a University of Hawai‘i system campus as part of their high school coursework.
The unique partnership between the Hawaii State Department of Education and the University of Hawai‘i System allows public and charter high school students to attend college classes during the fall, spring, and summer while earning both high school and college credits.
Any public high school and charter school student considered to be eligible and meets campus admissions requirements within the state of Hawaiʻi who: is under the age of 21 as of September 1st of the school year in which the college course is taken.
Fulfills and complies with college campus requirements such as:
- Admission forms
- Meeting admission requirements
- Satisfactory scores on appropriate Math and English placement tests or equivalent satisfactory scores using alternative measures of placement
- TB and MMR immunization requirements
- Payment of college tuition and fees
- Maintenance of acceptable academic standing