SPAN 202: Intermediate Spanish II (3 credits)
Continuation of SPAN 201. Further refinement of basic language skills including vocabulary development beyond the 201 level. Increased control over structures and idioms. Includes reading about literature, culture and society. (3 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): Credit for SPAN 201 or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Use accurate pronunciation, structure and vocabulary to communicate orally with speakers of Spanish, creating dialogs based on real-life situations.
- Read and understand authentic documents in Spanish (articles, poems, short stories, film scripts, plays) for cultural information and critical thinking.
- Write texts (poems, essays, diaries, reports) using knowledge of vocabulary, culture and increasingly sophisticated syntax and grammatical structure, with increasing fluency and proficiency.
- Analyze oral, written and visual sources (dialogs, articles, film clips, feature length films, Internet sites) of information about Hispanic culture and compare and contrast with what the students know of their own culture.
- Create short film clips in the u-tube genre, containing both visual and verbal information about Hispanic culture.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Spring 2012 - TR, 10:00am to 11:15am, Hale Pālanakila 225, L Tomchak - CRN: 64110 - view syllabus
- Spring 2011 - TR, 8:15am to 9:25am, Hale Aʻo 101, L Tomchak - CRN: 61122 - view syllabus
- Spring 2010 - TR, 8:10am to 9:25am, Hale Aʻo 101, L Tomchak - CRN: 63154 - view syllabus
- Spring 2009 - TR, 8:15am to 9:30am, Hale Aʻo 101, L Tomchak - CRN: 60204 - view syllabus
- Spring 2008 - TR, 8:05am to 9:20am, Hale Aʻo 102, L Tomchak - CRN: 62228
- Spring 2007 - TR, 8:15am to 9:30am, Hale Pālanakila 102, L Tomchak - CRN: 64295
- Spring 2005 - MWF, 12:30pm to 1:20pm, Hale Pālanakila 122, L Tomchak - CRN: 62210
- Spring 2004 - MWF, 12:30pm to 1:20pm, Hale Manaleo 101, L Tomchak - CRN: 63084
- Spring 2003 - MWF, 8:30am to 9:20am, Hale Manaʻopono 101, L Tomchak - CRN: 35365