SPAN 201: Intermediate Spanish I (3 credits)
Continuation of SPAN 102. Further refinement of basic language skills. Increased control over structures and idioms in written and oral expression. Reading about Hispanic culture, society, history and literature. (3 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): Credit for SPAN 102 or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Use appropriate pronunciation, structure and vocabulary to communicate orally with speakers of Spanish.
- Read and understand authentic documents (menus, recipes, itineraries, articles) in Spanish for cultural information.
- Compose dialogues and do research on some aspect of Hispanic culture or history and present it orally.
- Analyze oral, written and visual sources of information about Hispanic culture and compare and contrast with what the students know of their own culture.
- Write descriptions, letters, diaries, showing knowledge of vocabulary, appropriate structures and knowledge of Hispanic culture.
- Use Spanish to communicate personal information and experience and narrate past events and future aspirations.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Fall 2011 - TR, 11:00am to 12:15pm, Hale Pālanakila 211, L Tomchak - CRN: 63117 - view syllabus
- Fall 2010 - TR, 8:05am to 9:20am, Hale Pālanakila 211, L Tomchak - CRN: 60129 - view syllabus
- Fall 2009 - TR, 8:15am to 9:30am, Hale Aʻo 101, L Tomchak - CRN: 62147 - view syllabus
- Fall 2008 - TR, 8:05am to 9:20am, Hale Aʻo 101, L Tomchak - CRN: 64166
- Fall 2007 - TR, 8:05am to 9:20am, Hale Aʻo 101, L Tomchak - CRN: 61206
- Fall 2006 - TR, 8:15am to 9:30am, Hale Pālanakila 104, L Tomchak - CRN: 63274
- Fall 2004 - MWF, 12:30pm to 1:20pm, Hale Manaleo 101, L Tomchak - CRN: 61110
- Fall 2003 - MWF, 12:30pm to 1:20pm, Hale Manaleo 101, L Tomchak - CRN: 14132
- Fall 2002 - MWF, 8:10am to 9:20am, Hale Alakaʻi 102, L Tomchak - CRN: 4144