PHYS 122L: Introduction to Physical Science Lab (1 credit)
Lab experiments illustrating topics and methods in the Physical Sciences with emphasis in Physics and Chemistry. Designed for nonscience majors. (3 hours laboratory)
Pre-Requisite(s): Credit for or registration in PHYS 122 or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Apply the scientific method to a selected group of topics in physics and chemistry.
- Collect, report and analyze data obtained in a laboratory setting in a manner exhibiting organization, proper documentation and critical thinking.
- Manipulate data and apply quantitative techniques, such as graphing and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the standard instruments used in physics and chemistry.
- Identify environmental factors, which affect the outcome of an experiment or observation and apply basic error analyses techniques.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Spring 2005 - T, 1:30pm to 4:30pm, Hale ʻImiloa 137, Joseph Ciotti - CRN: 62017
- Fall 2003 - M, 1:30pm to 4:30pm, Hale ʻImiloa 137, Joseph Ciotti - CRN: 14173
- Spring 2003 - M, 1:30pm to 4:30pm, Hale ʻImiloa 137, A Misra - CRN: 35489
- Fall 2002 - M, 1:30pm to 4:30pm, Hale ʻImiloa 137, E Lever - CRN: 6122