ENG 204C: Introduction to Creative Writing (Screenwriting) (3 credits)
English 204C Introduction to Creative Writing (Screenwriting) introduces students to the basic practices and principles of screenwriting. (3 hours lecture )
Pre-Requisite(s): Grade of "C" or better in ENG 100, or consent of instructor.
Recommended Preparation: Students should possess a strong foundational knowledge of grammar, word usage, and punctuation. Additionally, students must be able to accept constructive criticism from peers and the instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Create original short screenplays that include screenwriting format, devices, and conventions.
- Propose and employ feedback in the writing workshop model.
- Enter screenplays for local and/or national contests and/or productions.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Spring 2019 - asynchronous , Desi Poteet - CRN: 60144
- Spring 2018 - MW, 1:00pm to 2:15pm, Hale Manaleo 112, Desi Poteet - CRN: 62197 - view syllabus
- Spring 2017 - TR, 10:00am to 11:15am, Hale Pālanakila 117, Desi Poteet - CRN: 64271 - view syllabus
- Spring 2016 - TR, 8:30am to 9:45am, Hale Pālanakila 227, Desi Poteet - CRN: 61380 - view syllabus
- Fall 2016 - MW, 10:00am to 11:15am, Hale Pālanakila 117, Desi Poteet - CRN: 63489 - view syllabus