ENG 102: College Reading Skills (3 credits)
Emphasizes speed, vocabulary, comprehension, and critical thinking. Develops skimming, scanning and study reading techniques. Course requires lab work in addition to class time. (3 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): Placement into ENG 100 or 102, or credit for ENG 22 or ENG 23 or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Match an effective reading speed to one's purpose in reading different materials.
- Read with increased speed.
- Read with improved comprehension with an emphasis on critical reading skills.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Spring 2005 - TR, 8:15am to 9:30am, Hale Manaleo 103, A Yim - CRN: 62078
- Fall 2004 - TR, 9:45am to 11:00am, Hale Manaleo 103, A Yim - CRN: 61085
- Spring 2004 - TR, 9:45am to 11:00am, Hale Manaleo 103, A Yim - CRN: 63059
- Fall 2003 - TR, 9:40am to 11:05am, Hale Pālanakila 122, A Yim - CRN: 14757
- Spring 2003 - TR, 8:05am to 9:30am, Hale Manaleo 116, A Yim - CRN: 35391