CM 242: Video Game Design II (3 credits)
This course picks up where CM 142 left off. In addition to creating games at a higher technical and aesthetic standard, presentation skills (as in "presentation to potential investors") are emphasized. May be repeatable up to 6 credits. (2 hours lecture, 3 hours lab.)
Pre-Requisite(s): A grade of C or better in CM 142
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Create, work and write basic 3D assets in Unity 3D and programming scripts applicable to gaming in C# language.
- Publish games to mobile and web platforms.
- Identify game design elements in order to offer constructive critique to existing games.
- Express ideas to "potential investors" using clear, concise and persuasive speech and presentation skills and identify the function and expectations of people in roles within a professional Game Design and Development team
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Spring 2019 - MW, 10:00am to 12:30pm, Hale Alakaʻi 102, Kaleiohu Lee - CRN: 60271 - view syllabus
- Fall 2019 - MW, 10:00am to 12:05pm, Hale Alakaʻi 102, Kaleiohu Lee - CRN: 62268
- Spring 2018 - MW, 10:00am to 12:05pm, Hale Alakaʻi 102, Kaleiohu Lee - CRN: 62418 - view syllabus
- Fall 2018 - MW, 10:00am to 12:30pm, Hale Alakaʻi 102, Kaleiohu Lee - CRN: 64389 - view syllabus