BUS 120: Principles of Business (3 credits)
Surveys the fundamentals of the American business enterprise. Examines the foundations and responsibilities of accounting, business, management, finance, marketing, and the business environment. (3 hours lecture)
Recommended Preparation: Credit for ENG 21 and ENG 22, or ENG 23 or higher.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate qualitative understanding of the impact of external factors on business decisions relative to the accomplishment of the mission and objectives of an organization.
- Demonstrate qualitative understanding of various forms of business ownership to determine their appropriateness relative to an organization's resources, goals, and objectives.
- Demonstrate qualitative understanding of various business functions and practices and their impact on the successful operation of a business.
- Demonstrate qualitative understanding of the impact of business decisions on the external environment.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Fall 2012 - R, 2:30pm to 3:45pm, Hale Pālanakila 104, Deacon Hanson - CRN: 61325 - view syllabus
- Spring 2012 - R, 1:00pm to 2:15pm, Hale Alakaʻi 101, K Kiyohara - CRN: 64382
- Fall 2011 - R, 2:00pm to 3:15pm, Hale Alakaʻi 101, K Kiyohara - CRN: 63441 - view syllabus