Upon receiving a report regarding a potential case, the primary POC will:
- Compile pertinent information for each reported case. This information shall be kept confidential and include the following:
- Name of the individual(s);
- Contact information (address, telephone #) for the individual(s);
- Information on any other people on campus the person may have come into direct contact with in prolonged (more than 10 minutes) and close proximity(less than 6 feet) within the 48-hour period before symptoms started;
- When the person’s symptoms began; and,
- How the person believes they may have become infected.
- If the individual reported is an employee, the IVCAS shall ensure records are kept in the Human Resources office regarding the exposure or illness to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reporting and recordkeeping requirements.