It can be challenging enough alone to cope with anxiety, fear, and stress without a global pandemic unfolding. Know that you are not alone and the counseling staff of Windward Community College is here to help. If you need to make an appointment, please refer to our mental health & wellness webpage at WCC Mental Health & Wellness.
For many people, the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus is the hardest thing to handle. There are many things you can do, even in the face of this unique crisis, to manage your anxiety and fears.
It’s vital to stay informed, but try not to be obsessive. It’s important to be discerning about what you read and watch.
- Stick to trustworthy sources
- Limit how often you check for updates
- Step away from the media if you start feeling overwhelmed
- Ask someone reliable to share important updates
- Be careful what you share