skip to main content
Windward Community College: Go Forward! Your Next Steps

E komo mai!
Congratulations on your acceptance to Windward Community College.
Follow the steps below to register for classes.

Submit Health Clearances

If your health clearances are not cleared, submit copies of Certificate of Tuberculosis (TB) Examination and immunization of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) to the Admissions and Records Office at Hale Alaka`i 112.

Complete the Placement process for Math and English

Placement evidence is required to determine your eligibility for math, English, and other courses with a math or English pre-requisite. You can do one of the following:

  • bring documents for placement evaluation (e.g. high school transcript, college transcript, SAT, ACT, Smarter Balance Assessment) to your WCC counselor
  • take the Accuplacer test at The Testing Center (808-235-7498) at Hale Laʻakea 228 on a walk-in basis. Allow approximately 2 ½ hours to complete the test. A picture ID and your UH ID number are required

Set-up MyUH account or Re-activate your MyUH Account

MyUH Services at provides valuable student resources such as course availability, grades and transferring credits, tuition and fees payment, and many more…

  • Your <username> is the official form of UH communication. Be sure to check your UH email frequently for important messages

Verify your Student Information Record on STAR GPS

Report any discrepancies on your student record to the Admissions and Records Office at Hale Alaka`i 112 (e.g. Name, birth date, address, residency status, program).

  • Click on your name in the upper right hand corner of STAR GPS to view your profile
  • If your residency status is non-resident or N/R for tuition purposes, please review the Hawaii Residency Requirements and take note of the 6-credit enrollment policy
  • If your program is Special - Early Admit, your status requires you to submit a new Early Admit/Dual Credit Application every semester to continue your enrollment at WCC

Check your "Holds"

Holds prevent you from registration due to financial obligation to UH, advising requirement, NSO requirement, Health Clearance requirements, or other holds.

Attend New Student Orientation (NSO)

NSO is required of all first-time college students before registering for classes. NSO is optional for summer terms, transfer, and returning students. Call WCC Peer Mentoring Center at (808) 235-7454 to schedule your NSO held at Hale ʻĀkoakoa 232.

  • All first-time college students are also required to attend FROSH Camp held just prior to the start of the semester (for Fall and Spring only)

Register for Classes via STAR GPS

Registration starts after WCC continuing student registration. Go to Windward Community College Registration Timetable for registration dates.

  • Counselors are available to assist you with academic advising, class scheduling, and course registration. Call Student Services at 808-235-7413 to make an appointment or book one yourself via MySuccess
  • If you decide not to register for any UH classes, call the Admissions and Records office at (808) 235-7432 to transfer your admissions application to the next semester

Pay for Classes

It is your responsibility to be sure that your tuition and fees are paid by the deadline. You can pay online via MyUH Services at or in-person at any UH Cashier Office. Any outstanding balance may lead to a financial debt, referral to a collection agency and denial of UH services. If you decide not to attend, you must drop your classes by the deadline to avoid financial charges and unnecessary grades (e.g. F grade).

Review Windward CC Catalog

For important policies, procedures, deadlines (e.g. drop, withdrawal, refund) and other pertinent information, refer to WCC catalog and academic calendar.

Campus Map