The Staff Senate is the official representative body for staff members at the College. It functions in an advisory capacity to the WCC Chancellor and administration with the express goal of promoting the general welfare of the College through advocacy and inclusion of staff perspectives.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the senate include:
- Promote the core values, mission and goals of the College.
- Encourage staff involvement, initiative, and leadership in College, UHCC System, and University activities.
- Provide a means for improved communication among staff, administration, faculty and students.
- Provide input and recommendations on matters relating to college operations, budget, staffing, and other identified priorities.
- Ensure there is staff representation on various campus-wide committees.
The staff senate generally meets once a month.