Formerly the Sexual Violence/Domestic Violence Task Force, the PAU Violence Committee is continuing to bring awareness to our campus. We are always looking for members to join and help with outreach and other various activities. If you are interested in joining this committee or just helping out, contact Scott Sutherland. We have lots of work to do and are excited to get started!
The focus of the WCC PAU Violence committee will be the following:
- to educate and empower the Windward Community College community, thus creating a culture of safety and respect.
- to strive to put an end to all forms of sexual and gender-based violence and discrimination, in accordance with Windward Community College’s Core Values.
- to implement educational efforts to prevent sexual and gender-based violence and discrimination.
- to advocate for a safe and respectful atmosphere through educational programming that focuses on healthy, consensual relationships and bystander intervention
- to support the institutional commitment to uphold Title IX mandates to provide awareness and prevention education.
- to collaborate with UH System and community partners to broaden the Committee’s impact and to support its efforts.