Hale Alaka‘i 113
- Description of Initiative
- Facstaff announcement email April 22, 2109.
- Previous Chancellor Troops discussion.
- Build awareness of the benefits of taking one more class
- time and money earned.
- lessen years to completion.
- faster track to career.
- transfer faster.
- more time with family sooner.
- support at WCC: childcare, counseling and tutoring, food pantry, HINET, financial aid.
- How to promote, advocate or otherwise develop support for the initiative.
- Start Spring 2020?
- How to Track and Measure Success of Initiative Outcomes
- Aggregate change in part-time, full-time, SSHs, GPA change, etc.
- Dis-aggregated tracking of students counseled and follow-up.
- Longitudinal study of cohorts: control and “one more class students”.
- Track time to graduation – one more class cohort vs control.
- Tie to Student Success Initiative.
- Track Cost per semester savings.
- Retention and Persistence.
- Success at the Next Level.
- Progress reports.
- Other Discussion and ideas from the Troops….