Through your school, you now have access to USA Funds® Life Skills®, a free online learning program that offers you advice for managing your time and money wisely while on campus and after graduation. This Student Guide provides basic information about the tool and outlines the steps necessary to access and complete the lesson(s) that your school has assigned to you.
New users are required to complete a simple, one-time registration process. Once you complete the initial registration process, only your username and password are required for future visits.
- Open your browser and go to https://gm1.geolearning.com/geonext/lifeskills/opensite.geo
- Helpful hint: Save this address as a favorite to simplify access for future visits.
- Click “Request a new account” in the Login box to create your account.
- Complete all of the information on the Request Account page. Some fields require the school-defined information listed below.
- Enter your school e-mail address as your username.
- Enter your school-assigned student ID.
- Enter 01122000 as your School Code.
- Enter 01122000-01 as your Student Access Code.
- Click “Create Account” in the lower right corner to create your account.
- Note: If you forget your password on future visits, click “Forgot your password?” in the Login box to receive an e-mail containing your password to the e-mail address you provided when you created your account.
Your school has assigned the following lesson(s) to you:
- 101 How Will I Pay for My Higher Education?
- 102 How Do I Apply for Financial Aid?
- 203 How Do I Live on a Budget While I'm in School?
- 401 How Do I Manage My Credit Card Debt?
- 103 What Do I Need to Know About Repaying My Student Loans?
- 104 What If I Have Trouble Repaying My Student Loans?
- 402 What Do Credit Scores Mean to Me?
- 403 What Do Credit Reports Mean to Me?
Students must complete 101, 102, 203 and 401. Students must choose one from each of the following pairs: 103 and 104 and 402 and 403. You must score 80% or better for each lesson.
To access and complete the lessons, follow these steps:
- Select “My Catalog” from the left navigation menu or select the “My Catalog” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the name of a lesson and click “Enroll” on the right side of the screen.
Click on the name of the lesson again under “OLT Lessons” to begin the lesson.
- Lessons can be completed in any order. If you are unable to complete a lesson in one visit, you can return to it at any time and continue where you left off. Click the name of the lesson under “My Learning” on your Home page to return to the in-progress lesson.
Click “Next” to advance through the lesson.
- Note: Your computer settings must be set to allow pop-ups to access the lesson.
Complete the Lesson Challenge quiz at the end of the lesson. Your score will be recorded on your transcript. (See next section for transcript information.)
- Use the speaker and printer icons in the upper right corner to control the sound and to print information from individual screens.
- Click “Help” at the top of the screen for a key explaining the navigation.
Close your quiz results and click “Close Window” to exit the lesson.
Click the USA Funds Life Skills Survey under “Course Activities” to complete a brief survey about the lesson.
Click the “Home” tab to return to the Home page.
Repeat the previous steps until you have completed all of the lessons assigned to you.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Lesson Challenge results screen and click “Print” to print your quiz results.
- You must score 80% or better for each lesson.
- You can review the lessons and re-take the Lesson Challenges at any time by clicking “View” under “My Learning History” on your Home page.
See your results
A printable transcript of your lesson activity is available at any time from the “My Transcript” link in the left navigation menu.
- Click “My Transcripts” in the left navigation menu.
- Click “Next” on the right side of the screen to create a report of all activity.
Click “Run Transcript” on the right side of the screen to generate the transcript, or click “Previous” to return to the previous screen and make adjustments to the filters.
- Helpful hint: Use the available filters to create a report of specific activity (for example, select “Contains” and type “Complete” in the “Completion Status” box to create a list of only the lessons that show a status of “Completed.”)
- You can print or export your transcript at any time. Click “Print” in the upper right corner to print your transcript.
- Click “Export” in the upper right corner, choose an export format and click “Export” to create an electronic version of your transcript.
For assistance, contact USA Funds Customer Support Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Eastern time by e-mail to email@example.com call (800) 766-0084. After these hours, support is available at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 692-8628.