Online training coming soon!
We understand that making curricular revisions to include service-learning may appear difficult and time consuming, but studies have shown service-learning provides an experiential-based opportunity that helps some students learn more effectively. Students also get a feel for future career skills to give them a competitive edge in their job.
Please contact our office to arrange for individual or group consultation on creating or revising a service-learning option.
What is Service Learning?
- Combines community service and academic learning
- Focuses on reflective, critical thinking
- Emphasizes civic responsibility
Service Learning in Courses
- Course option: In lieu of another requirement (could involve journal, presentation, paper, video, etc.)
- Opportunity for student to apply academic learning to real life contexts (Emphasizes the relevance of what they are learning)
- Hands on practice and demonstration of learning outcomes
- 1 Time Only: Conceive of integrated S-L option
- 1 Time Only: Write a clear S-L option description, purpose & evaluation criteria for syllabus
- Remind students to turn in all necessary paperwork to S-L office to be able to receive credit
- At the end of semester report completion information to S-L office
Semester Class List
- ANTH 151: Palmer
- ZOOL 141: Smith
- ZOOL 142: Smith