Placement Tests



Taking the Test at Windward

Windward Community College is moving to a new placement testing system and is in the process of updating this page to reflect the new system.

The placement tests will still be computerized and administered by the Testing Center at La'akea 228. A picture ID and your UH Student ID number are required. A UH student ID number is assigned to you once you are accepted into a UH campus. To apply for admission into the college, please go to the Admissions and Records Office webpage.


More Information

If you have taken placement tests for Reading, Writing, and/or Math at another location outside of Hawaii, you may have that Testing Center fax us your results with a cover memo identifying the Center. Please include your UH ID number. Fax to (808) 236-9228. Please call (808) 235-7498 or email ( the Testing Center for details about what tests will be accepted.

If you want Windward CC's Testing Center to administer a placement test (Compass, Accuplacer, etc.) for a mainland institution, have that institution fax the relevant information to (808) 236-9228, email it to or mail it to the Testing Center, Windward Community College, 45-720 Kea‘ahala Rd., Kāne‘ohe, HI 96744.

If you are an incoming Windward Community College student who currently lives outside the State of Hawai'i, you may apply to take a remote test at the nearest ACT-approved testing site in your area. Please call (808) 235-7498 or email ( the Testing Center Coordinator for more information or to register for a remote testing.

Other Resources


June 13, 2014