UH System Common Scholarship Application
University of Hawai‘i
System Common Scholarship Application
UH Community Colleges and UH System Scholarship Application for 2020-2021 is now available and the Deadline is March 2, 2020.
Any questions about the website or application process can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The State of Hawaii B Plus Scholarship
For students who graduated from a public Hawaii high school in May 2006 or later. The student must have a cumulative public Hawaii high school GPA of at least 3.0 or higher and be eligible for a federal Pell Grant. The student must submit their official Hawaii public high school transcript to the WCC Financial Aid Office in addition to filing a FAFSA. No additional application form is necessary. Funds are limited.
Rotary Club of Hawaii Kai Foundation Donald Aus Scholarship
Donald A. Aus was a lifelong member of Rotary International and strived to live the rotary motto of “Service above Self”. He was committed to education, having been a Professor of Accounting at California State University at Chico, and encouraged students to seek degrees in higher education. His dream was to be able to help as many students as he could to a better life through education. This scholarship was established in his honor and continues his legacy of “Service above Self”.
For assistance on how to apply for scholarships, writing a personal statement, and securing letters of recommendation, please click on the link below.
How To Apply For Scholarships (PDF)
Isamu Shinshiro Scholarship for Sustainable Technology Education & Training Scholarship
The Isamu Shinshiro Scholarship for Sustainable Technology Education and Training helps UHCC students who aspire to obtain a certificate in a sustainable technology program at Windward Community College (WCC). It was the desire of the late Isamu Shinshiro to help lower financial barriers that prevent students from accessing a good education and training in industries that sustain Hawai'i's natural environment, ecosystems and resources.
- Completed at least one semester at a UHCC campus
- Hawai'i resident and U.S. citizen
- Enrolled full-time (at least 12 credits)
- Major in a WCC credit program focusing on sustainable technology as follows:
- Bio-Resources & Technology: Bio-Resources Development & Management (ASC)
- Bio-Resources & Technology: Plant Biotechnology (ASC)
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA at WCC
- Demonstrated financial need based on a 2011-2012 FAFSA
UH Foundation Scholarships at WCC
Through the generous support of individuals and private organizations in the community, a variety of scholarships are available exclusively for Windward Community College students each year. The scholarships listed below range in value from $250 to $1,000 per year.
Charles Hemenway Scholarship
- Hawaii Veterans Memorial Scholarship
- Minami Community Foundation Scholarship
- Barbara Kahana Scholarship
- Windward Community College Scholarship Fund
- Paul & Jane Field Scholarship
- Gary Stice Excellence in Geoscience Scholarship
- Garden Club of Honolulu Scholarship
- Phil Hagstrom Scholarship
- Lani-Kailua Outdoor Circle Scholarship
- Kitty Lagareta Student Fund Scholarship
- Patrick & Janet Bullard Scholarship
- Kaneohe Rotary Club Scholarship
- Pete Dyer Memorial Scholarship
- Joseph Rothstein & Ann Yoklavich Scholarship
- Frances & Anthony Oliver Scholarship
- Jacquie & Ted Maly Scholarship
John Young Scholarship in Fine and Performing Arts
The John Young Scholarship Fund was established to assist fine and performing arts majors who are going into an arts-related field as a career. The scholarship looks at the talent of the student as well as need. Student must have graduated from a Hawai'i high school or hold a G.E.D. from Hawai'i. Please contact WCC Professor of Art Paul Nash at (808) 235-7323 for more information.
Download Application (PDF)
Application due in mid-April (see current application for date)
WCC Achievement Scholarship
The WCC Achievement Scholarship is for continuing WCC students who enroll full-time, have a previous semester and cumulative WCC GPA of at least 3.5 and have completed a minimum of 24 credits at WCC. Funds are limited and applications are available at the WCC Financial Aid Office from April through February.
The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program
For Military Spouses Only!
MyCAA Military Spouse Scholarships are available for up to $4,000 toward career training at Windward CC for high-demand jobs in Agripharmatech, Business, Veterinary Technology, Cyber Security, Psych-Social Development, and more! Click here to go to the MyCAA website for application and information or call a Windward CC counselor at 808-235-7413.
The Financial Aid Office also has a bulletin board with announcements of external scholarships. We invite you to visit the scholarship board located in the hallway across from Hale Alaka‘i Room 107.