Students must meet basic eligibility requirements to qualify for federal and state financial aid. These basic requirements are as follows:
- Enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program at WCC. The programs eligible for financial aid at WCC are Associate of Arts (Liberal Arts), Plant Landscaping and Veterinary Assisting.
- Have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Be either a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen (i.e. permanent resident alien.)
- Continuing WCC students must be meeting satisfactory academic progress requirements towards their degree objective.
- Males between the ages of 18 and 25 years old must register with the Selective Service or prove exemption from registering.
- Must not owe a repayment on a federal grant or be in default on a student loan.