The Board of Regents established the Willard Wilson Distinguished Service Award in 1969 in honor of retiring Board Secretary Willard Wilson.
Nominations are now being accepted. The recipient will receive a Regents’ metal, a $1,000 award and recognition at an awards ceremony. Nominees can be from any campus and any occupational classification. The nomination should include as much material as necessary to clearly demonstrate the following:
1. Be a UH Employee;
2. Has served the University for no less than 20 years;
3. Be widely recognized as having served a wide breadth of the University and not just the candidate’s department;
4. Be widely recognized throughout his or her career as someone who willingly went beyond the call of duty without expectation of compensation or personal gain;
5. Has benefited a wide internal constituency through service;
6. Has also benefited a segment of the public as well as an external constituency;
7. Has a long and distinguished record of quality service and stood out among peers in like positions;
8. Be widely recognized as a team player and one who enriched his or her work environment.
To submit a nomination, please write a letter explaining how the nominee meets the award criteria along with any supporting documentation to the Willard Wilson Award Committee, c/o James Nishimoto, Executive Assistant, Bachman Hall 202. Three to five letters of support addressing the nominee’s record of distinguished service to the University may be included. The deadline for nominations is February 28, 2009. For information, call Jeri Burke at the Office of the President at 956-8207.