ZOOL 200L: Marine Biology Laboratory (1 credit)
Companion laboratory to ZOOL 200, Marine Biology. Practical, hands-on experiences in marine biology. Laboratory/field trip class. (3 hours laboratory)
Pre-Requisite(s): Credit for or registration in ZOOL 200 or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Use the scientific method of inquiry to investigate biological phenomena.
- Apply the concepts learned in ZOOL 200 to an experimental and hands-on observational setting.
- Collect, reduce, and interpret biological data.
- Prepare written objective reports describing and interpreting experimental and observational results.
- Demonstrate the use of some of the standard tools of the biological scientist, such as microscopes, scales, spectrophotometers, computers, and other analytical tools.
- Demonstrate the use of specialized tools and methods frequently used in the study of the marine environments and the organisms that live in these environments.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page