THEA 223: Introduction to Acting for Camera (3 credits)
An introduction to acting techniques for film, TV production, and other camera-based media. Repeatable up to 6 credits.
(3 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): Grade of C or better in THEA 221.
Recommended Preparation: THEA 101, 221, and 222.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skill of acting by using the camera lens to convey story
- Analyze performances for television and film for quality and desired effect on the audience
- Illustrate the complexities of character within a given text
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Spring 2020 - MW, 5:30pm to 6:45pm, Hale Pālanakila 224, TBA - CRN: 63416
- Spring 2020 - TR, 8:05am to 9:30am, , Alexander Durrant - CRN: 63435