SSCI 200: Social Science Research Methods (3 credits)
Focus on various ways social scientists undertake research. The course introduces the student to decision making with statistics research design methods and computers to assist analysis. (3 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): Placement in MATH 82 or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Critique the foundation of knowledge, skills, professional attitudes and values associated with research design and application.
- Apply current research methods and interpretation of research findings.
- Utilize a range of strategies and skills appropriate for gathering and analyzing research data.
- Write a research project using the basic knowledge and practice research.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Fall 2017 - MW, 7:00pm to 8:15pm, Hale Na‘auao 125, Lisamarie Bensman - CRN: 61436
- Spring 2003 - TR, 11:15am to 12:30pm, Hale Mana‘opono 101, Frank Palacat - CRN: 35341