REL 296: Special Topics in Religion (3 credits)
Students will investigate important topics in the study of religion such as Sacred Places, Religion and the Media, or Religion and Politics. A specific course description will be printed in the schedule of classes. (3 hours lecture)
Recommended Preparation: REL 150 or REL 151
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the important concepts and facts associated with the topic under examination.
- Explain cause and effect relationships in connection to the topic discussed.
- Compare and contrast various religions' ideas of the topic.
- Relate the topic to contemporary events.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Fall 2017 - MW, 11:30am to 12:45pm, Hale Pālanakila 102, Sarah Hadmack - CRN: 61255
- Spring 2016 - MW, 8:30am to 9:45am, Hale Pālanakila 227, Sarah Hadmack - CRN: 61414 - view syllabus
- Fall 2016 - MW, 10:00am to 11:15am, Hale Pālanakila 213, Sarah Hadmack - CRN: 63449 - view syllabus
- Spring 2014 - TR, 11:30am to 12:45pm, Hale Pālanakila 117, Sarah Hadmack - CRN: 60579 - view syllabus
- Spring 2011 - MWF, 10:30am to 11:20am, Hale Pālanakila 102, Sarah Hadmack - CRN: 61375 - view syllabus
- Fall 2010 - TR, 11:15am to 12:30pm, Hale Pālanakila 102, Sarah Hadmack - CRN: 60359 - view syllabus