POLS 243: Introduction to Politics and Film (3 credits)
The course introduces students to the analysis of the relationship between politics and film. Topics covered in the course will include the impact of films and the film industry on politics, the impact of politics on film, and methods for understanding the representational practices of film. (3 hours lecture)
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and describe the narrative and compositional structure of film.
- Clearly explain and evaluate the political thoughts, assumptions and implications of several key films.
- Examine and interpret contemporary political issues in film through the application of political thought.
- Relate media, technology, and language to the formation and maintenance of the political order.
- Carefully justify one's own political position.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page