MATH 203: Calculus for Business and the Social Sciences (3 credits)
Basic mathematical concepts, topics in differentiation and introductory integration of algebraic, exponential and logarithmic functions. Related applications to management, finance, economics and social science will be considered. (3 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): Grade of "B" or better in MATH 103, “C” or better in MATH 135 or equivalent, satisfactory math placement test score, or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand and use the intuitive definition of limits and apply them in limit calculations and in determining continuity.
- Demonstrate proficiency in determining derivatives and apply different interpretations of the derivative.
- Utilize precise mathematical language and symbols to effectively communicate mathematics in written and/or oral form.
- Use calculus techniques to analyze and solve applied problems.
- Use derivatives to analyze graphs and sketch graphs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in determining antiderivatives and integrals.
- Utilize integration in applied problems.
- Utilize techniques of differentiation with functions of several variables.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Fall 2017 - asynchronous , Navtej Singh - CRN: 61165
- Fall 2016 - asynchronous , Navtej Singh - CRN: 63248 - view syllabus
- Fall 2015 - asynchronous , Navtej Singh - CRN: 60345 - view syllabus
- Fall 2014 - asynchronous , Navtej Singh - CRN: 62553 - view syllabus
- Fall 2013 - asynchronous , Navtej Singh - CRN: 64148 - view syllabus
- Fall 2012 - asynchronous , Jody-Lynn Storm - CRN: 61171 - view syllabus
- Fall 2011 - asynchronous , Navtej Singh - CRN: 63187 - view syllabus
- Fall 2010 - asynchronous , Navtej Singh - CRN: 60222 - view syllabus
- Fall 2009 - asynchronous , Navtej Singh - CRN: 62292 - view syllabus
- Spring 2007 - MWF, 11:30am to 12:20pm, Hale Mana‘opono 102, Wei-Ling Landers - CRN: 64277
- Spring 2003 - MWF, 12:30pm to 1:20pm, Hale Mana‘opono 114, Jean Okumura - CRN: 34446