ICS 212: Program Structure (3 credits)
Program organization paradigms, programming environments, implementation of a module from specifications, the C and C++ programming languages. (3 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): Grade of C or better in ICS 211 or consent
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Use an editor, makefile, and a compiler in the UNIX environment.
- Use recursion, arrays, pointers, character variables, bitwise operators, structures, and linked data structures in C.
- Use classes (constructors, destructor, and overloading assignment), operator overloading, inheritance, and polymorphism in C++.
- Use linked data structures and recursion in C++.
- Use standard C++ strings and C++ STL library data structures, such as STL lists.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page