ENG 204B: Introduction to Creative Writing (Poetry) (3 credits)
English 204B Introduction to Creative Writing (Poetry) introduces students to the basic practices and principles involved in the writing and publication of poems. (3 hours lecture )
Pre-Requisite(s): Grade of "C" or better in ENG 100, or consent of instructor.
Recommended Preparation: Students should possess a strong foundational knowledge of grammar, word usage, and punctuation. Additionally, students must be able to accept constructive criticism from peers and the instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Create original poems that reflect a skillful use of literary devices, forms, and conventions.
- Analyze poems written by peers and published authors.
- Propose and employ feedback in the writing workshop model.
- Evaluate and submit poems for publication.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Spring 2017 - TR, 1:00pm to 2:15pm, Hale Manaleo 126, Susan St. John - CRN: 64414
- Fall 2016 - TR, 1:00pm to 2:15pm, Hale Manaleo 126, Susan St. John - CRN: 63488 - view syllabus
- Fall 2015 - MW, 1:00pm to 2:15pm, Hale Pālanakila 117, Susan St. John - CRN: 60527 - view syllabus
- Spring 2015 - TR, 8:30am to 9:45am, Hale Pālanakila 227, Janine Oshiro - CRN: 63393 - view syllabus
- Spring 2015 - W, 5:30pm to 8:20pm, Hale Manaleo 126, Janine Oshiro - CRN: 63483 - view syllabus
- Fall 2014 - MW, 1:00pm to 2:15pm, Hale Pālanakila 213, Janine Oshiro - CRN: 62477 - view syllabus