BIOL 275: Cell and Molecular Biology (3 credits)
Integrated cell and molecular biology for life science majors. Modern advances in recombinant DNA technology. (3 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): "C" or better in BIOL171/171L and CHEM 272/272L or consent of instructor.
Co-Requisite(s): BIOL275L or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the principles of cytology including cell organization, structures and functions.
- Describe cell biochemistry including macromolecules of the cells, enzymes, membrane transport, cell signaling, and energy flow in cells during respiration and photosynthesis.
- Describe the principles of genetics including DNA replication, protein synthesis, mitosis, meiosis, genetic recombination and gene expression.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Fall 2015 - WF, 11:30am to 12:45pm, Hale ‘Imiloa 106, Hongwei Li - CRN: 60428
- Summer 2014 - MTWR, 9:00am to 10:40am, Hale ‘Imiloa 106, Heather McCafferty - CRN: 61015 - view syllabus
- Fall 2011 - MF, 12:30pm to 1:45pm, Hale ‘Imiloa 106, Teena Michael - CRN: 63359 - view syllabus
- Spring 2006 - MW, 12:30pm to 1:45pm, Hale ‘Imiloa 106, Ingelia White - CRN: 61193
- Fall 2003 - MW, 12:30pm to 1:45pm, Hale ‘Imiloa 101, Ingelia White - CRN: 14709