ANSC 252: Diagnostic Imaging for Veterinary Technicians (3 credits)
This course covers the nature and use of x-ray technology in veterinary technology. Students are also given an overview of alternative imaging techniques (ultrasound, CT scans, and digital radiography) as well as an introduction to the radiography of large animals and exotics. (3 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): Admission in the Veterinary Technology Program and a grade of "C" or better in all completed ANSC courses. Students enrolling in ANSC 252 are required to show proof of current health insurance and sign a liability waiver.
Co-Requisite(s): Concurrent enrollment in ANSC 252L.
Recommended Preparation: None
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the uses and functioning of various types of medical imaging equipment.
- Implement and observe recommended radiation safety measures.
- Evaluate radiographic images for proper radiographic technique and patient positioning.
- Explain the clinical uses of alternative imaging technologies.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Summer 2018 - T, 10:00am to 2:00pm, Hale Pālanakila 102, Sam Geiling - CRN: 63049
- Summer 2017 - T, 10:00am to 12:00pm, Hale Pālanakila 102, Sam Geiling - CRN: 60074 - view syllabus
- Summer 2016 - T, 10:00am to 1:15pm, Hale Pālanakila 102, Svenja Munar Castaneda - CRN: 62069
- Summer 2015 - T, 10:00am to 12:45pm, Hale Naʻauao 104, Sam Geiling - CRN: 64004 - view syllabus
- Summer 2014 - W, 1:00pm to 3:45pm, Hale Pālanakila 102, Sam Geiling - CRN: 61074 - view syllabus
- Summer 2013 - asynchronous , Sam Geiling - CRN: 63057
- Summer 2012 - MTWR, 1:00pm to 4:10pm, Hale ʻImiloa 137, Sam Geiling - CRN: 60082 - view syllabus
- Summer 2011 - MTWR, 12:00pm to 1:35pm, Hale ʻImiloa 133 , Sam Geiling - CRN: 62062 - view syllabus
- Fall 2011 - MW, 2:00pm to 3:15pm, Hale ʻImiloa 133, Sam Geiling - CRN: 63415 - view syllabus