AG 52: Orchid Culture (3 credits)
An extensive study of orchid identification, breeding, growth, and culture. (3 hours lecture)
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify orchid species, hybrids and trace their pedigrees.
- Provide cultural requirements for each genus, including temperature, light intensity, humidity, watering, fertilizing, media composition, pest/disease control and repotting.
- Perform traditional and in vitro propagation techniques.
- Perform orchid breeding and discuss its economic importance.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Summer 2010 - MW, 9:00am to 12:00pm, Hale ʻImiloa 101, Ingelia White - CRN: 64001
- Summer 2008 - MW, 9:00am to 12:10pm, Hale ʻImiloa 101, Ingelia White - CRN: 63017
- Fall 2005 - MW, 1:30pm to 2:45pm, Hale ʻImiloa 101, Ingelia White - CRN: 61276
- Spring 2003 - TR, 9:40am to 11:05am, Hale ʻImiloa 101, Ingelia White - CRN: 35477